Being a homestay family for a Kennedy Catholic international student is an amazing way to bring the richness of the world to your front door. Being a homestay family is an experience that allows you to both share your life and culture with an international student by including them in your family, 事件, 还有假期，了解他们的生活.
虽然你为我们的学生支付住宿费用, 我们大多数寄宿家庭的动机不仅仅是额外的收入. Many families provide international student housing year after year and form 持久的关系 and bridges between cultures and we are always looking for good homes for our students.
The best way to get a better understanding of the commitment to being a homestay family is to review our Homestay Family 政策 and Procedures and FAQs. If you have any questions after please feel free to outline them in your Homestay Inquiry Form.
- Are host parents responsible for driving their host student to school everyday?
- Are current Kennedy Catholic families still eligible for a financial aid award if we are a Homestay host?
- Do I need to have a child currently enrolled at the same school my student will be attending?
Because we want to provide continuity for our students and to encourage students and hosts to build meaningful, 持久的关系, we do prefer that families commit to hosting for a full academic year which is no more than 10 months.
是的. Kennedy Catholic provides all hosts with a monthly stipend to offset the additional costs associated with hosting a student.
- Does Kennedy Catholic offer guidance on how to claim homestay income and deduct eligible expenses on tax returns?
是的, stipends are taxable according to the IRS and a 1099 will be issued to the primary host that the school contracted with. 不过, because hosts must be able to prove the stipend money was spent on the student in order to avoid paying taxes on it, we recommend hosts keep track of spending and speak with a tax specialist in order to deduct from the taxable income portion that was spent on providing care to the student.
经济援助奖励由收入和家庭规模决定. The School and IRS regulations deem Homestay payments as income which is not included in determining eligibility for financial aid when awards are calculated. The Homestay income is therefore an additional income source that can be used to meet the unmet financial need for tuition.
- If a family incurs expenses associated with being a host why is the stipend considered purely income?
资格 for financial aid is based on gross income from all sources and the same principle is applied to Homestay. It would be archaic to base eligibility on net income after expenses due to the variation of personal choices and lifestyle. Homestay Hosts have the option of deducting eligible expenses associated with hosting a Homestay Student in your taxes to offset the taxable nature of the Homestay income.
Because we hold our hosts to a higher standard, our host approval process includes:
- After my host student settles in, will we still receive continued support from Kennedy Catholic?